Wednesday 23 April 2008

TV for Christians??????

Christian TV
I have been watching some Christian TV lately and have to say that it leaves me a little confused, angry and well confused. This is not to say that there is not good Christian programming but…
I just wonder what God would say?
John: Hello God
God: What are you watching?
John: Christian TV.
God: Any good?
John: This programme is about Christian stuff mostly in America but they are raising money to build wells inAfrica people there have no running water.
God: That is good how much?
John: Well 15 dollars will give 3 people water for life, 30 dollars will give 20 people water for life and 1000 dollars will give a whole village running water for life plus you get a Crystal Statue.
God: A Crystal Statue what for?
John: To put on your Dresser so that you and your friends will know you gave money to give people in poor countries water.
God: I have 15 dollars you send it for me and get me a Crystal Statue…Thanks
John: Little problem…you have to send 1000 dollars to get the Crystal Statue
God Why?
John: Well I Suppose they are classed as better people because they give more they even call these givers by a different name special partners or something like that.
God: Only have 15 dollars send it and get me the Crystal Statue
John: Don’t think it will work.
God: Still want the Crystal Statue
John: Why?
God: Thought I could bring it to a Car Boot sale I could get 15 dollars (pounds) for it and then I could send it off to that programme so that 3 more people inAfrica may have running water.
God: John
John: Yes God
God: There is a good passage in the Bible about giving come to think about it the Bible is full of good passages I especially like the one about the widow who gave all she had.
God: John
John: Yes God
God: Have you fed my Sheep today

No comments: