Wednesday 23 April 2008

What is wrong with this World

I was thinking today “What is wrong with this World “ Has it got bad lately or was it always like this?I suppose if we look through History man has always been cruel and selfish there has always been fighting and wars and famine and poverty and though man would sometimes blame God “in fact man is very quick to blame God” if we stand back and look at a lot of it we are to blame not God. Many things are done in the name of religion many people have had their lives ruined and many people have died in the name of religion but I wonder has religion or God got anything to do with it at all or is it just our Greed. Is it just me or has standards slipped are we so caught up in ourselves wanting more and more in fact in the West expecting more and more demanding our rights demanding free health care better roads better shops better gadgets for making life easier more money and even though a lot of us get all this we are never satisfied we want more! I still find it hard to believe that half the World is starving and ravaged by war while we over here are worried how to dump our rubbish we have that much food in our houses and supermarkets it takes us hours to plan what we are going to eat The television screens are full of Chiefs (half of who could not boil an egg) but worst of all we make the role models of today and everybody wants to be like their favorite footballer/singer/hairdresser/chief/ most of whom(Not all) are just people with money and not at lot of talent or IQ. Every body wants to be famous even for 10 minutes and have everything they want……….. I think there is something very seriously wrong with that.So half the world is starving/at war/divided/ruled by dictators/ there is famine/disease/distress and poverty in so many third world countries and we over here blame God. That I find very strange indeed.

I wonder what God would say?
God: Hello John
John: Hello God just writing about you
God: Good things I hope
John: now would I write anything bad about you…………
God: what are you writing about?
John: how the world blames you for everything bad
God: oh!
John: now don’t let on you do not know this……..
God: why blame me?
John: well you sort of are in control of everything……..
John: God?
God: Hello John
John: did you not hear me?
God: Yes I can hear very well
John: well………………….
God: thought you were going to tell me about the pastor in America who wants his own airplane said you were going to blog about it……..
John: don’t change the subject please
God: do you really want to know do I really have to tell you
John: Please God
God: Man blames me for a lot of things in fact lots of people blame me for nearly everything bad but you know in the beginning everything was good until man thought he knew better and he still does think that. I still love mankind and am here to forgive him I gave my son you know that hurt me a lot but it was the only way to save mankind…….lots of people have no time for my son Jesus. I also have promised my people this and still many just laugh at me…………
Revelation, chapter 21

Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more.2: And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband;3: and I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling of God is with men”. He will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself will be with them;4: he will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning nor crying nor pain any more, for the former things have passed away.”5: And he who sat upon the throne said, “Behold, I make all things new.” Also he said, “Write this, for these words are trustworthy and true.”6: And he said to me, “It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end. To the thirsty I will give from the fountain of the water of life without payment.7: He who conquers shall have this heritage, and I will be his God and he shall be my son.

John: Wow…………….
God: That is only a small part of it
God: Ps How are my sheep?

No comments: